Preparations for the 2018 Rulemaking Calendar
Government Code section 11017.6 requires that state agencies submit to OAL their projections of rulemaking activities for the upcoming year. OAL publishes these projections in its annual Rulemaking Calendar.
Below are instructions for preparing the 2018 Rulemaking Calendar, including OAL’s letter sent to Chief Counsels and Regulations Coordinators and Rulemaking Calendar Schedules A and B:
- 2018 Rulemaking Calendar Memo to Chief Counsel and Regulation Coordinators
- Schedule A: Proposed Regulations Implementing Statutes Enacted During the Year 2017
- Schedule B: Proposed Regulations Implementing Statutes Enacted Prior to the Year 2017
Please note that the 2018 calendars are due to OAL by February 12, 2018. If you have any questions, please contact Melvin Fong at (916) 324-7952 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2017 Rulemaking Calendar
Government Code section 11017.6 requires every state agency subject to the Administrative Procedure Act to prepare an annual rulemaking calendar describing its rulemaking activities for the upcoming year. The 2017 Rulemaking Calendar* has now been published and may be accessed through the following means:
- Download a free copy of the Rulemaking Calendar. Please note that due to the size of this document, it may take several minutes to download depending on the speed of your internet connection.
- Contact your nearest depository library. A list of state depository libraries can be located at the following page:
- Hard copies of the Rulemaking Calendar are available by contacting Thomson Reuters at 1-800-328-4880. The cost of the printed calendar is $30.00. Subscribers may obtain a hard copy of the Rulemaking Calendar upon request at no extra charge .
*The 2017 Rulemaking Calendar is incorporated by reference into the March 17, 2017 edition of the California Regulatory Notice Register, Register 2017, No. 11-Z.