The 2017 Rulemaking Calendar
Government Code section 11017.6 requires every state agency subject to the Administrative Procedure Act to prepare an annual rulemaking calendar describing its rulemaking activities for the upcoming year. The 2017 Rulemaking Calendar* has now been published and is available through the following means (please note that the calendar will take time to upload, depending on your Internet connection):
- On CD-ROM. (Subscribers to the Notice Register automatically receive a CD-ROM.) If you are not a subscriber, you may order a CD-ROM by contacting Thomson Reuters at 1-800-328-4880. The cost of the CD-ROM is $6.00.
- At your nearest depository library:
- A very limited number of hard copies are available. Please contact Thomson Reuters (see # 2 above) for more information. The cost of the printed calendar is $30.00. Subscribers may obtain at no extra charge a hard copy of the Rulemaking Calendar, if desired.
*The 2017 Rulemaking Calendar is incorporated by reference into the March 17, 2017 edition of the California Regulatory Notice Register, Register 2017, No. 11-Z.
Preparations for the 2017 Rulemaking Calendar
Government Code section 11017.6 requires that state agencies submit to OAL their projections of rulemaking activities for the upcoming year. OAL publishes these projections in its annual Rulemaking Calendar.
Below are instructions for preparing the 2017 Rulemaking Calendar, including OAL’s letter sent to Chief Counsels and Regulations Coordinators and Rulemaking Calendar Schedules A and B:
- 2017 Rulemaking Calendar Memo to Chief Counsel and Regulation Coordinators
- Schedule A: Proposed Regulations Implementing Statutes Enacted During the Year 2016
- Schedule B: Proposed Regulations Implementing Statutes Enacted Prior to the Year 2016
Please note that the 2017 calendars are due to OAL by February 10, 2017. If you have any questions, please contact Melvin Fong at (916) 324-7952 or email@example.com.