Welcome to the Office of Administrative Law
The Office of Administrative Law (OAL) ensures that agency regulations are clear, necessary, legally valid, and available to the public. OAL is responsible for reviewing administrative regulations proposed by over 200 state agencies for compliance with the standards set forth in California’s Administrative Procedure Act (APA), for transmitting these regulations to the Secretary of State and for publishing regulations in the California Code of Regulations.
- THE 2019 RULEMAKING CALENDAR is now available. Click here for more information.
- The OFFICE OF ADMINISTRATIVE LAW'S WEBSITE is currently going through some major construction. Please contact the Office of Administrative Law's (OAL) Reference Attorney at email@example.com or phone: (916) 323-6815 if you have questions or concerns.
- The 2019 CALIFORNIA RULEMAKING LAW HANDBOOKS are now available! The handbook is a convenient resource that provides the primary statutes and regulations governing the California rulemaking process. Please click here for information on how to order.
- The 2019 CALIFORNIA REGULATORY NOTICE REGISTER SCHEDULE is now available. Please visit our Notice Register page.
- ONLINE TRAINING REGISTRATION: Registration for OAL's 3-day APA rulemaking training course and half-day underground regulation training is now available online. Register here